To help offset the tax burden for its residents through the promotion of existing businesses and create new local employment opportunities by attracting new commercial enterprises.
1. Bring new businesses to the City
2. Assist existing businesses by promoting growth
3. Establish desirable mix of commercial and industrial type businesses
4. Select board members to represent a variety of businesses.
· Keep an inventory of available commercial properties.
· Promote economic development in the City through public relations efforts.
· Provide low Interest loans through the Revolving Loan Fund.
· Investigate grants available for economic development.
· Work to streamline bureaucratic procedures in securing new business and industry and work with the City and County to streamline permitting processes.
· Establish a linkage with other economic development organizations in the area (such as SWED).
· Gather information on development efforts in other communities so as to adopt successful strategies in Fruitland.
Revolving Loan Fund
The purpose of the Fruitland Economic Development Commission Revolving Loan Fund is to foster the growth of new business and to assist expanding existing businesses in the City of Fruitland. Its objectives are to increase the City’s tax base, provide needed services to local residents and to increase the number of jobs in our area. Applicants are encouraged to employ low and moderate income persons residing in the City of Fruitland.
Contact through Fruitland City Hall @ 410-548-2800